Mint Green Iced Tea - The Iced Immunity Builder
Summers are here and it is lockdown country out there. We thought why not give an icy twist to your favourite brew, while it helps boost your immunity. What we had in mind were some Iced Tea recipes which are easy to make and tasty to have. This one comes from our longtime association with @butfirstthirst - an instagram page dedicated to everything that quenches your thirst!!
- 1.5 tbsp or 3g Organic Green Tea ( Assam Boxont Organic Green Tea)
- 1 Bunch of Fresh Mint
- 1 tbsp of Stevia or Honey
- Boil 300ml water to 90 Degrees, while boiling add 1 spoon of stevia and a few leaves of Fresh Mint into the water. Switch off the heat once the water starts bubbling. In absence of stevia, you can use a spoon of honey.
- Brew 1.5 teaspoons of our Assam Boxont Green Tea or any other Green Tea in the heated water for 5mins. While the tea brews give the leaves a stir to ensure they give out all their colour and flavour!
- Once brewed strain and let it cool down. In a tall glass lightly squeeze a lemon wedges and drop them in.
- Crush some Mint leaves and drop them in too. Add some Ice Crush and pour in the Brewed Tea. Garnish with some Mint leaves as garnish.
Now onto the immunity stuff, Green Tea has been proven as an immunity builder in various studies done over the decades. One such study says "One of the beneficial compounds found in green tea has a powerful ability to increase the number of "regulatory T cells" that play a key role in immune function and suppression of autoimmune disease..." according to new research in the Linus Pauling Institute at Oregon State University.
Do try Mint Green Iced Tea, a fun way to help your immunity while you beat the heat. Share your pics and reviews on Twitter & Facebook. Who knows you may get yourself some Organic Green Tea from absoluteTea.in
Explore our range of Green Tea here.
Picture Credit: @butfirstthirst